Thursday, September 11, 2008

We all Like Beautiful Skin. Don't We?

There are 5 basic skin care steps for smooth skin that will last you a life time.
  1. Cleanse to remove dirt, oil and impurities.
  2. Exfoliate to remove dead surface cells that dull the skin.
  3. Freshen to refine pores as well as tone.
  4. Moisturize to help keep your skin supple and hydrated.
  5. Protect your skin from the environment.

If you follow these 5 simple steps you will have lovley, smooth skin for your life.

To begin your routine, start with a cleanser. The cleanser I use and love is Mary Kay 3-in-1 Cleanser formulated for my skin type. Use your cleanser in gentle upward strokes from chin to cheeks to clean and remove any impurities on your skin.

Remove the cleanser gently using a moist warm face cloth. No need to scrub! Scrubbing will excite your oil glands in your face and may cause a break out. Just rinse or genly wipe the cleanser off.

I love the MK 3-in-1 because it covers off the first 3 steps in my skin care routine. the gently exfoliating beads remove dead skin cells that dull my skin and it works with the natural processes of my skin.

The freshening leaves my face fresh and tingley. I used to use an alcohol based product thinking that the burning of the alcohol was helping me. Now I know I was just doing that. Burning my skin. Now I let the natural botanicals in the 3-in-1 freshen and refine my pores.

Now step 4! Hydrating with moisturizers prevents wrinkles. The loss of moisture in your skin is a major contributor to wrinkles. And who likes wrinkles? Not me. That is why I use Time-Wise Moisturizer especially formulated for my skin type.

The 5th and final step, protecting. Foundation. Choosing your foundation color is not a chore. Just dab a small amount of foundation on your jawline. Smooth it in and presto! It should disappear. If you can see a line you have the WRONG COLOR. Gone are the days of 'the line'. You know the line on you jaw where your throat was a different color than your face.


After following these simple steps you will notice how soft and supple your skin feels, not just today but everyday.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

What's a nice post about beautiful skin. Welcome to my blog titled exactly as your post:
Beautiful Skin Blog

http://www.beautifulskinblog.com